Homestead Lady & The Homestead Family
We’re the Zundel family of seven, originally from California and Arizona but coming to Missouri via Utah and North Carolina. Ever moved away from a homestead you’ve lovingly built up over years? Us, too! It’s tough, but we have loved each place we’ve lived and are grateful to be here in the great Show Me state. We’re so happy to be among the trees and water again!
We are a homesteading and homeschooling family currently living in the middle of 16 acres of pastures, forests and creeks. We’re in the country now, but we’ve previously homesteaded in the city and know what it’s like to wrangle over backyard chicken ordinances.
We also know what it’s like to try to find time for all the work and reward of a self-sufficient lifestyle. We weren’t raised living this way and so each day is an education. After over twenty years of homesteading, we know a thing or two about the things you struggle with on your own homesteads.
- Never have enough time to do all you want to?
- Can’t figure out how to make those gardens grow without killing yourself each season?
- Interested in herbs and natural healing, but just aren’t sure where to begin?
- What about wholesome foods and home-cookin’?
- Ever asked yourself about backyard livestock, and if you should really take the plunge?
- And how do we get the kids and grandkids interested in this lifestyle, too?!
Does any of that sound familiar? We know how it is to sacrifice and dedicate yourself the DIY lifestyle – rewarding and exhausting! We hope that together, your family and ours, we can be refreshed and find inspiration as we continue our homestead education together.
Don’t wait; don’t let one more minute pass in idle plans and dreams.
Join us today and build your self-sufficient lifestyle one day, one experience, one lesson at a time.