Do you suffer from chronic illness, headaches, acne, arthritis or any other persistent weakness in your body? Have you ever considered that you might have a yeast overgrowth? Maybe you’ve never even heard of that! Never fear! Here’s the scoop on yeast overgrowth in the human body and the simple ways you can conquer your yeastie beasties!
Amy Jones is guest posting with us today; this post will be the first of three on the topic of yeast overgrowth in the human body. Amy is a child birth educator, doula, holistic teacher, vaccine awareness educator, author of the website YayaGuru, founder/director of the LDS Holistic Living Events, author of The Way of the Peaceful Birther and A World of Wisdom Cookbook. She has also served as Board President of the Utah College of Midwives AND is the homeschooling mother of six. It exhausts me just to type all that!
Do I Have Yeast Overgrowth?
One of the many classes I’ve attended where Amy has been the principle mentor is one she taught on the topic of yeast overgrowth in the human system. This is a problem that rages across the US and the world, and is severely under-diagnosed. In fact, if you bother to mention the idea that a yeast overgrowth could be causing your arthritis to a conventional doc, they’ll most likely simply dismiss the idea.
I can’t tell you how the health and happiness of my family has increased since we started cleansing yeast in holistic, gentle ways. We’ve changed our diet to prevent further yeast overgrowth, too.
Major case in point: for the first time in my mothering experience I am able to breast feed a happy, healthy baby with no thrush or projectile vomiting for her. And no breast infections for me! I’m actually enjoying breast feeding, which is something I never thought possible!
This article is thorough and, therefore, lengthy. So, I’ll be splitting it up in three parts for your viewing pleasure.
As always, do your own research and draw your own conclusions. The information herein is not meant to replace yours or your chosen medical professional’s opinion.
So, without further ado, here are Amy’s words…
Yeast Overgrowth in the Human Body
Here are some questions to consider:
- What if I told you that your baby’s colic, cradle cap, ear infections, diaper rashes, allergies and sleep sensitivities were all one problem?
- That your mastitis, eczema, hives, PMS, cramps, and gas were all one problem?
- Or if I told you that your baby acquired her problems from you? And that this problem contributed to things like arthritis, ADD, autism, lupus, infertility, endometriosis, and gluten sensitivity.
- What if I told you could solve these problems easily?
- Would you do it? Who wouldn’t?
It’s the most underdiagnosed problem in the world, and is at the root of an endless list of ailments.
What is Yeast?
Internal yeast, or Candida Albicans, is part of the `zoo’ in our bodies and we need a certain level of it in order to be healthy. Yeast is responsible for eating our bodies away when we die. But when we have an overgrowth in our bodies, it can literally eat us alive.
How is it Managed?
While the liver is responsible for the management of yeast, yeast can overgrow in every part of our body. The overgrowth (known as Candidiasis) usually starts in the digestive system and gradually spreads to other parts of the body. It is also a type of parasite that is strong, invasive and usually attaches itself to the intestinal wall and becomes a permanent resident of the internal organs.
Candidiasis has the ability to produce 75 toxic substances that can poison the human body.
Candidiasis is so invasive that it enters the gastrointestinal wall in the form of fungus where it develops very long, root like structures that penetrates the wall breaking down the protective barrier between the intestinal tract and the bloodstream. This breakdown allows the entrance of foreign as well as toxic substances to the bloodstream where they can harm various body systems.
Results of Too Much Yeast
The breaking down of the barrier results in some major problems especially when proteins and other food wastes are not completely digested or removed.
- There can also be an attack on the immune system that causes severe allergic reactions, fatigue and other health problems. Candidiasis together with some bacteria swimming in the bloodstream is dangerous since it will be able to find its way to other tissues.
- Candida infection may also cause of some heart attacks. There are reported cases of people who have never been diagnosed with heart problems, but then die from a heart attack for no apparent reason. Further, investigation has lead to surprising findings of Candida yeast causing undiagnosed heart attacks. Candida yeast can cover the heart, which is what causes the heart attack. The Candida yeast reaches the heart by means of the bloodstream.
- Candidiasis or Candida infection usually interferes with digestion and assimilation of vitamins and minerals. A great number of senior citizens, cancer patients as well as those individuals with HIV are suffering nutritional deficiencies because their body is unable to absorb nutrients from the food that they eat. A great number of people are experiencing iron deficiency due to the presence of Candida.
- Immunological weaknesses and infectious conditions are usually worsened by the presence of Candida parasites throughout the body. Yeast cell activity gives off two dangerous by-products: acetaidehyde and ethanol.
- The Candida parasites also prohibit oxygen from entering the tissues. The ethanol that is given off by Candida parasites is the major cause excessive fatigue and reduction of strength and stamina in people infected with Candida. The ethanol likewise destroys enzymes that are needed for providing cells with energy and releases free radicals that hasten the aging process.
Hard to Identify
Women think that just because they don’t have a vaginal yeast infection, they must not have a yeast problem. Most everyone believes that men can’t have a yeast problem. And that the only symptom in a baby is thrush.
Yeast overgrowth manifests itself in so many different ways that it can be hard to keep up, but getting to the root of your symptoms is such a relief. When I realized that all my babies problems were yeast related, and so many of my problems were also yeast that I got in the womb from my mother, it made solving all these symptoms so easy – all I needed to do was balance yeast.